|Company:||Coach USA Corporate Office||Job Category:||Human Resources|
Department: Human Resources Department
Reports to: Human Resources Director
Date Approved: 2/03/14
Approved By: ACIA Human Resources Department
FLSA Exemption: Exempt
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist supports the Human Resources Department on a variety of human resources programs and procedures for the company; assists in the day-to-day operational and technical functions of human resources including recruitment & staffing, new hire orientation, benefits administration, employee relations, training and workforce communication, disciplinary procedures, governmental compliance, legal matters, record keeping and maintaining files, policies and procedures and other human resources related issues; stays abreast of current market trends as it relates to the US workplace and participates in personal training and development related to the study of human resource management.
- Completion of an Associate's Degree or higher in Human Resources Management, General Business, Operations or related field.
- Possession of 3+ years of day-to-day human resources duties and responsibilities including experience with recruitment & staffing, new hire orientation, benefits administration, employee relations, training and workforce communication, disciplinary procedures, governmental compliance, legal matters, policies and procedures and other human resource related issues.
- Possession of well-rounded knowledge of human resource practices including federal, state and local laws affecting the US workplace and managing human capital.
- Possession of an approachable demeanor and personality that allows open and honest workplace dialogue with complex business units and a diverse workforce.
- Possession of general knowledge relating to modern computer and office technology including Microsoft Office products, HRIS, payroll and accounting systems and other technological know-how.
- Or any equivalent combination of education, training or experience that meets the classification pre-requisites.
- Completion of a Bachelors Degree or higher in Human Resources Management, General Business, Operations or related field.
- Possession of 5+ years of day-to-day human resources duties and responsibilities including experience with recruitment & staffing, new hire orientation, benefits administration, employee relations, training and workforce communication, disciplinary procedures, governmental compliance, legal matters, policies and procedures and other human resource related issues.
- Completion of an accredited Human Resources Certification (SPHR, PHR, CCP, CCB, etc.).
- Possession of working knowledge of the motor carrier rules and regulations under the US and Georgia Departments of Transportation.
- Possession of advanced working knowledge of the strategic applications of human resource management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and HRIS systems.
- Knowledge of a broad range of human resource practices and functions.
- Knowledge of recruitment procedures for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; knowledge of conducting new-employee orientations; monitoring employee career growth and staffing forecasts.
- Knowledge of benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Knowledge of the composition, design and metrics of classification & compensation programs; knowledge of how class and comp programs impact the workforce.
- Knowledge of performance evaluation systems and its integration into employee productivity.
- Knowledge of affirmative action programs and maintaining appropriate record keeping; maintaining active and inactive employee files; maintaining other records, reports, and logs to conform to Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Ability to multi-task several on-going projects simultaneously in a diverse, highly dynamic and fast paced work environment.
- Ability to communicate fluently in the English language, deliver presentations and showcase organizational results in a clear, concise and effective manner.
- Knowledge of government reporting including unemployment compensation benefit claims, annual EE0-1 reports,
- Knowledge of handling employee relations counseling, conflict resolution techniques, disciplinary procedures, including termination hearings, and exit interviews.
- Knowledge of other related human resource aptitudes may be required and assigned.
- Skilled in applying a broad range of human resource practices and functions in the workplace.
- Skilled in making positive changes to the workforce through effective communication, listening and empathizing with employees.
- Skilled in utilizing effective training techniques to the workforce.
- Skilled in negotiating with management, work groups, outside vendors, government agencies and other entities in efforts to produce positive results for the company.
- Skilled in identifying techniques to increase workforce morale and employee retention.
- Skilled in exposing company inefficiencies, hazards and threats and takes appropriate measures to correct any problems or potential harm.
- Skilled in maximizing the human resource presence into the company culture so its value can be measured and sustained.
- Skilled in creating and promoting safety and security procedures for the workplace
- Skilled in designing and delivering accurate, informative and entertaining presentations to small and large groups
- Ability to develop department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Ability to produce work that is high quality, analytical and free of errors.
- Ability to participate in staff meetings and attend other meetings, conferences, seminars, etc.
- Ability to maintain company organization charts, company directories and other pertinent list data.
- Ability to analyze data, reports, spreadsheets, graphs, management decisions, and departmental results in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Ability to assists the Director of Human Resources with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Ability to maintain and manage HRIS records clearly and systematically.
- Ability to maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Ability to be dependable during work hours and trustworthy that work will be completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to instill human resource value into the workplace, negotiate positive influence into the organization, build trust and produce win-win outcomes for all parties involved.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times with all Human Resources procedures and data.
- Ability to perform other human resource related duties as required and assigned.
- This position will be accountable to the ACLA President & General Manager, Human Resources Department and to the company's workforce.
- Work for this position is typically performed indoors in an office setting with exposure to operating a computer and other office equipment, sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling and lifting. Working extended hours may be required as needed.
- Travel may be required for this position, but infrequently.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.