Motorcoach and bus travel is one of the safest modes of transportation. We take the safety of our passengers seriously.
Our fleet is kept in top operating condition with our stringent preventative maintenance program and network of maintenance facilities.
Our safety department ensures that only the most qualified drivers are permitted behind the wheel. Drivers are required to complete extensive driver training courses and are subject to random drug and alcohol testing and periodic safety refresher classes. Many of our operators have driven over a million accident-free miles.
SUBURBAN EMERGENCY TRANSPORTATION PLAN
In the event of an emergency condition, the following procedures will be employed.
A. Northbound Service
1. Before Morning Rush Hour
Service will be cut back to the adjusted weekday service schedule. If travel to New York City is prohibited, then the service will be eliminated.
2. During or After Morning Rush Hour
Service will be cut back to the adjusted weekday service schedule. If travel to New York City is prohibited, then the service will be eliminated and those buses enroute to New York City will be reversed.
B. Southbound Service
1. Proceed to regular stops. If transportation is not available, proceed to Pier 11 and take Liberty State Park Service ferry service. Buses will be available at the Liberty State Park.
1. Proceed to the Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT).
2. If the PABT is not available, then proceed to 39th Street between 9th and 10th Avenues.
3. If Suburban Bus transportation is not available, then take any available transportation to the NJ Meadowlands. Suburban buses will be available at the NJ Meadowlands.
4. If bus transportation is not available, then proceed to Pier 38 (West 38th Street) for ferry passage to Port Imperial Harbor in Weehawken, or Newport Harbor in Jersey City.
5. Suburban Buses will be available at the above mentioned ferry ports. If you find yourself at any location where Suburban buses are not available, then take any available transportation to the NJ Meadowlands.
All buses will proceed to the Neilson Towers in East Brunswick, where buses will be available to take you to your final destination.
In the event of an emergency condition, Suburban will provide announcements over 101.5 FM, WCTC @ 1450 AM and WCBS @ 880 AM.
Prerecorded information messages will be available at 732-249-1100 on extensions 221,255,271,275.
Please Note: These procedures are subject to change based on the findings of the Interagency Task Force study.