100-MILE CRUISE ON MISSISSIPPI
Offered By: Gad-About Tours
Mississippi River Fun aboard the "Celebration Belle".
Operates: No scheduled departures
Tour Length: 5 Days, 4 Nights
Departs From: Akron, OH * Canton, OH * Alliance, OH * Salem, OH * Columbiana, OH
Single Room - $1,148.00
Double Room - $948.00
Triple Room - $888.00
Quad Room - $888.00
Plus Victorian Progressive Dinner, Isle of Capri Casino & from the TV Show "American Picker's " their Antique Archaeology Store!
A very special way to experience the beauty of "Fall" -- come with us as we travel the Upper Mississippi on the inviting “Celebration Belle”, an 800-passenger, four-deck Riverboat! We include so much more to make this a gorgeous Autumn adventure you will never forget! This is one of those trips that the “guys” especially like, too. Read through the inclusions, call some friends, and get our reservation in soon! It often sells out!!
* Time to get-acquainted with our new Gad-About friends, and overnight in Rockford, Ill. with an opportunity to get your dinner at the famous "Illinois Machine Shed".
* A delightful Trolley Tour and some fun shopping time in the quaint town of Galena.
* Lunch at The General's Restaurant located in the historic DeSoto House Museum.
* The National Mississippi River Museum - learn all about the 4th longest river in the world!
* Victorian Progressive Dinner and House Tour - Four-course meal served in three or four homes, a culinary and visual feast! This is guided by a local historian from the Dubuque Country Historical Society who will delight us with stories of the families and events that took place in these beautiful, elite "home" -- A wonderful, unique experience!!
* 100 - Mile All Day Cruise aboard the largest non-gaming riverboat on the Upper Missississipp'! Become Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn for a day, leisurely cruising from Dubuque, IA to Moline, IL. -- Travel through three locks and dams. On the cruise: Live entertainment, narration by the Captain, games and fun, 3 meals on board (including a "Prime Rib Buffet'), plus an afternoon snack buffet - WOW! ~~'Have plenty of film or memory cards in your camera!!
* Full evening & overnight at the “Isle of Capri” Casino Resort with a coin voucher (at their discretion) and is breakfast include here - always fun!
* A visit to the Antique Anthropology store, a small 2-story former fab shop that now houses some of the best picks from the American Pickers TV Show. We won't see Mike or Frank, but it will still be fun to take a peek at their home base! (available as long as they are not filming - shcedule not yet announced fro Fall).
* A Farewell dinner at the Drury Lane Dinner Theater in Illinois - Show TBA - fun!
- Deluxe Motorcoach Travel
- 4 Nights Accommodations
- 9 Meals:
- 4 Breakfasts
- 2 Lunches
- 3 Deluxe Dinners
- All-Day Cruise
- Touring and Activities Listed Above
- Luggage Handling and Taxes
Departure Details:Click Here for Departure Details
Terms and Conditions:
For overnight tours, the deposit is based on the cost of the tour as follows:
- Overnight Tours Under $150 > $25 Deposit
- Overnight Tours $150-$800 > $75 Deposit
- Overnight Tours $801-$1,500 > $100 Deposit
- Overnight Tours over $1,501 > $250 Deposit
Up to 30 days prior to departure date, a full refund will be made. *Air and cruise tours, and some longer tours, may be different—be sure to ask for details when making your reservation. Tours including tickets also generally have earlier non-refundable dates. There are no refunds for cancellations made within 30 days prior to your departure date. However, we will do our best to recover as much as we can, but cannot guarantee anything. There will be no refund, for any reason, for a “no-show” on the day of the tour. A “Refund Protection Plan” is available at our office at a minimal cost. This insures you a full refund in case of a death or illness in the immediate family up to 24 hours before the tour departs. (It does require a doctor’s written note or copy of death notice.) On longer tours, we have a special insurance plan available if you are interested, and it will be sent to you with your confirmation. We encourage you to take advantage of these protection plans. The Refund Protection Plan does not apply to Day Trips, nor are there any refunds for Day Trips, with a few exceptions.
Gad-About Tours Inc. reserves the right to cancel any tour that has not reached a minimum number of reservations. We reserve the right to change tour prices and itinerary. Tours are prepared up to a year in advance and may be impacted by circumstances that arise which are beyond our control. We reserve the right to cancel or refuse service to anyone, in our sole discretion. We always avoid changes and cancellations if at all possible, as we realize the inconvenience to you, our valued customer.
All of our tours are by late-model, deluxe wide-body motorcoach. They are equipped with air-conditioning, reclining seats, public address system, VCR, and emergency restrooms. Our intent is for all overnight tours to be professionally escorted for your convenience. Upon occasion, in order to avoid canceling a trip with a low passenger count, our driver may serve both positions of driver and escort, and all are professionally trained to do so. Also, on air trips with low passenger counts, we may not be able to provide an escort from our company. However, we will provide airport transportation*, plus a guide from our connecting company will meet you upon arrival at your destination and be with you throughout the entire tour. (*If only a few are going on a given air tour, we will pay your airport parking fee in lieu of using the coach.)
Your lodging is included on all overnight tours. All hotels are AAA rated. We never use second-rate hotels, restaurants, or activities on any tour, to the best of our ability to make that determination. Payment of telephone calls, room service, and other incidentals at places of lodging are the responsibility of the customer.
One suitcase per person is included in the price of your tour. You are also permitted a carry-on, which is your responsibility. Additional luggage may be transported at the cost of $5.00 per bag, per day. It is wise to travel light. Luggage tags are provided and required for hotel identification, and are sent with the final letter with the phone numbers of your hotels.
TAXES AND GRATUITIES:
All taxes and gratuities for included meals and activities are included, unless otherwise mentioned by the Escort. Driver and Escort gratuities are not included in the price of the tour, and are optional. However, the suggested gratuity as posted by the American Bus Assoc. for a job well done is $2.00-$2.50 per person/per day for the tour escort, and $2.00-$2.50 per person/per day for the driver. We request that you express this on an individual basis, and let the quality of service received be your guide.
On all overnight tours, we use a daily seat rotation. The first day of a trip, we allow you to choose your seat when you get on, and rotate from there. We feel this is fair to all involved. If the coach is not full, a less formal rotation may be used at escort’s discretion.
We make regular stops for restrooms and for the convenience of smokers; however, we have a NO SMOKING policy aboard all coaches. This policy also applies to e-cigarettes.
Gad-About Tours, Inc. is bonded, insured, and registered with the ICC, number MC 198451. We act only as agents and are not responsible to any person for any loss of time or money due to a change or delay beyond our control. Nor are we responsible for non-performance by those we have contracted with. Any claims against Gad-About Tours Inc. must be made, in writing, within 30 days of the trip.