STEP BACK IN TIME
Offered By: Gad-About Tours
One of the most delightful places to be at Holiday Time!
Operates: Dec 5 2014
Tour Length: 4 Days, 3 Nights
Departs From: Akron, OH * Canton, OH * Alliance, OH * Salem, OH * Columbiana, OH
Single Room - $855.00
Double Room - $685.00
Triple Room - $645.00
Quad Room - $625.00
One of the most delightful places to be at Holiday Time! The "Grand Illumination" is a ceremony that people from all across the nation come to see. We do all our Williamsburg tours in "Deluxe Style", and feel we offer you an excellent value for all the quality that's included. Colonial Williamsburg's Christmas season officially begins with the Grand Illumination, a spectacular evening when candles twinkle in the windows of the Historic area home and buildings, fatwood crackles in street-side cressets, and the heavens explode with massive pyrotechnics! Thousands of guests turn out for this annual event to "ooh" and "aah" as they enter into the Yuletide!
Read on and come along this year...
* Guided Walking Tour of Colonial Williamsburg - visit the 18th-Century Capitol and Governor's Palace, learn about the distinctive natural decorations, listen to festive music, and much more - all yours to experience this year! A special feature will be their local holiday parade for those who would enjoy taking it in (schedule pending). Then have some much-desired "free time" to roam the Village anyway you wish - perhaps you'll want to shop along Duke of Glouster Street in Merchant's Square, walk the brick paths of the College of Williams & Mary, or have lunch in a historic Tavern (other restaurants, too) *(Please Note: This tour requires considerable walking.)
* The "Grand Illumination", a tradition that's taken visitors' breath away for over 60 years! See strolling carolers dressed in period costumes, beautiful holiday door decorations in Williamsburg-style, grand fireworks, and many other special festive touches throughout this Revolutionary City alight with holiday glitter and the warmth of the Christmas season ~ Wonderful!!
* Guided tour of Jamestown Settlement, the first English permanent settlement, with replicas of the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria. It features full size replicas of the three ships that arrived in 1607, and the amazing village comes to life with costumed interpreters performing 17th-century activities. They will interact with you in a most entertaining way - it is so fascinating!
* Optional Christmas shopping to the Yankee Candle store (one of the world's largest) and newly-expanded Prime Outlets or enjoy more free time in Colonial Williamsburg - your choice!
* If you have necer experienced Williamsburg at Christmas-time, and you love "a step back in time", you will not be disappointed!
- 3 Nights Lodging
- This trip does require walking
- Deluxe Motorcoach Transportation
- 5 Meals:
- 3 Breakfasts
- 2 Dinners
- All Touring Listed Above
- Luggage Handling and Taxes
- A Beautiful Colonial-style "Holly-day" Style!
Departure Details:Click Here for Departure Details
Terms and Conditions:
For overnight tours, the deposit is based on the cost of the tour as follows:
- Overnight Tours Under $150 > $25 Deposit
- Overnight Tours $150-$800 > $75 Deposit
- Overnight Tours $801-$1,500 > $100 Deposit
- Overnight Tours over $1,501 > $250 Deposit
Up to 30 days prior to departure date, a full refund will be made. *Air and cruise tours, and some longer tours, may be different—be sure to ask for details when making your reservation. Tours including tickets also generally have earlier non-refundable dates. There are no refunds for cancellations made within 30 days prior to your departure date. However, we will do our best to recover as much as we can, but cannot guarantee anything. There will be no refund, for any reason, for a “no-show” on the day of the tour. A “Refund Protection Plan” is available at our office at a minimal cost. This insures you a full refund in case of a death or illness in the immediate family up to 24 hours before the tour departs. (It does require a doctor’s written note or copy of death notice.) On longer tours, we have a special insurance plan available if you are interested, and it will be sent to you with your confirmation. We encourage you to take advantage of these protection plans. The Refund Protection Plan does not apply to Day Trips, nor are there any refunds for Day Trips, with a few exceptions.
Gad-About Tours Inc. reserves the right to cancel any tour that has not reached a minimum number of reservations. We reserve the right to change tour prices and itinerary. Tours are prepared up to a year in advance and may be impacted by circumstances that arise which are beyond our control. We reserve the right to cancel or refuse service to anyone, in our sole discretion. We always avoid changes and cancellations if at all possible, as we realize the inconvenience to you, our valued customer.
All of our tours are by late-model, deluxe wide-body motorcoach. They are equipped with air-conditioning, reclining seats, public address system, VCR, and emergency restrooms. Our intent is for all overnight tours to be professionally escorted for your convenience. Upon occasion, in order to avoid canceling a trip with a low passenger count, our driver may serve both positions of driver and escort, and all are professionally trained to do so. Also, on air trips with low passenger counts, we may not be able to provide an escort from our company. However, we will provide airport transportation*, plus a guide from our connecting company will meet you upon arrival at your destination and be with you throughout the entire tour. (*If only a few are going on a given air tour, we will pay your airport parking fee in lieu of using the coach.)
Your lodging is included on all overnight tours. All hotels are AAA rated. We never use second-rate hotels, restaurants, or activities on any tour, to the best of our ability to make that determination. Payment of telephone calls, room service, and other incidentals at places of lodging are the responsibility of the customer.
One suitcase per person is included in the price of your tour. You are also permitted a carry-on, which is your responsibility. Additional luggage may be transported at the cost of $5.00 per bag, per day. It is wise to travel light. Luggage tags are provided and required for hotel identification, and are sent with the final letter with the phone numbers of your hotels.
TAXES AND GRATUITIES:
All taxes and gratuities for included meals and activities are included, unless otherwise mentioned by the Escort. Driver and Escort gratuities are not included in the price of the tour, and are optional. However, the suggested gratuity as posted by the American Bus Assoc. for a job well done is $2.00-$2.50 per person/per day for the tour escort, and $2.00-$2.50 per person/per day for the driver. We request that you express this on an individual basis, and let the quality of service received be your guide.
On all overnight tours, we use a daily seat rotation. The first day of a trip, we allow you to choose your seat when you get on, and rotate from there. We feel this is fair to all involved. If the coach is not full, a less formal rotation may be used at escort’s discretion.
We make regular stops for restrooms and for the convenience of smokers; however, we have a NO SMOKING policy aboard all coaches.
Gad-About Tours, Inc. is bonded, insured, and registered with the ICC, number MC 198451. We act only as agents and are not responsible to any person for any loss of time or money due to a change or delay beyond our control. Nor are we responsible for non-performance by those we have contracted with. Any claims against Gad-About Tours Inc. must be made, in writing, within 30 days of the trip.