Biltmore Festival of Flowers * April 26 - 30, 2014
Offered By: Gad-About Tours
Vanderbilt Mansion, Great Smokey Mt. Rail Trip, Chimney Rock, and so much more!
Operates: Apr 26 2014
Tour Length: 5 Day, 4 Night
Departs From: Columbiana, OH * Salem, OH * Alliance, OH * Canton, OH * Akron, OH
Single Room - $1,238.00
Double Room - $1,048.00
Triple Room - $988.00
Quad Room - $988.00
We have created this itinerary to include some of our very favorite things! It's loaded with EXCELLENT activities and attractions - call for a complete flyer and don't miss this one! *Some of the attractions have early deadlines -- Please Call Soon!*
Included in this Tour:
* Fabulous Biltmore Estate Tour: 250-room "country mansion" of George Vanderbilt. It has 250 rooms, 65 fireplaces, its own bowling alley and sits on 8,000 acres in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. The house alone covers 4 acres - that's equal to 88 averaged-sized homes today! It took 438 employees in 1894 to keep the estate running (no doubt some of them dusted the 23,000 books). Today more that 1,500 people work for Biltmore. As Spring arrives, so does their annual "FESTIVAL OF FLOWERS". The estate's seasonal beauty is show-cased with a stunning tulip display in the Walled Garden, cascades of native and exotic blooms in the natural gardens and walking trails, and delicate arrangements inside Biltmore House. Enjoy festivities at your leisure. We include lunch at their Deerpark Restaurant, formerly a calving barn (wait till you see it!) and you'll have time to check out the award-winning Biltmore Winery. The romance and majesty of America's largest privately-owned home will bask your senses in the opulence of the Gilded Age as you tour what Vanderbilt called his "little mountain escape".
* Carl Sanburg Home: Nationally renowned poet, biographer, lecturer, newspaper columnist, folksinger, author of American fairytales and winner of two Pulitzer Prizes, provided broad and enduring 20th century insight into the circumstances, worth and spirit of the American people.
* But there's so much more to this trip!!: Stay the first night in Jonesborough, Tennessee with dinner at a local favorite restaurant and entertainment by a professional storyteller -- FUN!
*Chimney Rock State Park: Next we'll journey over to Chimney Rock State Park for its "Awe-inspiring views" after a ride up the 26-story elevator inside the shaft blasted through solid granite - fascinating! A park ranger will give a "Nature Talk" on the flora and fauna that abound on the 1,000 acres of Railroad Train!!
* Cruise on Lake Lure: .Experience the beauty of Lake Lure as you sail past the location of the film, "Dirty Dancing", past Snake Island and acres of natural beauty - enjoy a boxed lunch on board. Special Note: (At this writing, Lake Lure is undergoing reconstructions. If it has not re-opened by our arrival, we will substitute another delightful activity in in its place)
* Nantahala Gorge Excursion: We're off on the Smoky Mountain Railroad with highlights such as the Horseshoe Curve, Fontana Lake Trestle, Tennessee River and Gorge-depart Bryson City and ride thru the N. Carolina Mountains on our diesel-engine train with a picnic lunch on board.
* Our last night is spent in Johnson City, Tennessee at the 4-Diamond "Carnegie Hotel", a luxury hotel that's unique, tranquil, and brimming with character - you'll love it!
So may unique and special opportunities are part of this tour - don't miss the chance to go this year.
- 10 Meals:
- 4 Breakfasts
- 3 lunches
- 3 Dinners
- Activities & Admissions as Listed Above
- Hotel Accommodations
- Deluxe Motorcoach Transportation
- Baggage & Taxes
This is a Gold Card Program Tour, which can earn you $100 in Free Travel.
Terms and Conditions:
For overnight tours, the deposit is based on the cost of the tour as follows:
- Overnight Tours Under $150 > $25 Deposit
- Overnight Tours $150-$800 > $75 Deposit
- Overnight Tours $801-$1,500 > $100 Deposit
- Overnight Tours over $1,501 > $250 Deposit
Up to 30 days prior to departure date, a full refund will be made. *Air and cruise tours, and some longer tours, may be different—be sure to ask for details when making your reservation. Tours including tickets also generally have earlier non-refundable dates. There are no refunds for cancellations made within 30 days prior to your departure date. However, we will do our best to recover as much as we can, but cannot guarantee anything. There will be no refund, for any reason, for a “no-show” on the day of the tour. A “Refund Protection Plan” is available at our office at a minimal cost. This insures you a full refund in case of a death or illness in the immediate family up to 24 hours before the tour departs. (It does require a doctor’s written note or copy of death notice.) On longer tours, we have a special insurance plan available if you are interested, and it will be sent to you with your confirmation. We encourage you to take advantage of these protection plans. The Refund Protection Plan does not apply to Day Trips, nor are there any refunds for Day Trips, with a few exceptions.
Gad-About Tours Inc. reserves the right to cancel any tour that has not reached a minimum number of reservations. We reserve the right to change tour prices and itinerary. Tours are prepared up to a year in advance and may be impacted by circumstances that arise which are beyond our control. We reserve the right to cancel or refuse service to anyone, in our sole discretion. We always avoid changes and cancellations if at all possible, as we realize the inconvenience to you, our valued customer.
All of our tours are by late-model, deluxe wide-body motorcoach. They are equipped with air-conditioning, reclining seats, public address system, VCR, and emergency restrooms. Our intent is for all overnight tours to be professionally escorted for your convenience. Upon occasion, in order to avoid canceling a trip with a low passenger count, our driver may serve both positions of driver and escort, and all are professionally trained to do so. Also, on air trips with low passenger counts, we may not be able to provide an escort from our company. However, we will provide airport transportation*, plus a guide from our connecting company will meet you upon arrival at your destination and be with you throughout the entire tour. (*If only a few are going on a given air tour, we will pay your airport parking fee in lieu of using the coach.)
Your lodging is included on all overnight tours. All hotels are AAA rated. We never use second-rate hotels, restaurants, or activities on any tour, to the best of our ability to make that determination. Payment of telephone calls, room service, and other incidentals at places of lodging are the responsibility of the customer.
One suitcase per person is included in the price of your tour. You are also permitted a carry-on, which is your responsibility. Additional luggage may be transported at the cost of $5.00 per bag, per day. It is wise to travel light. Luggage tags are provided and required for hotel identification, and are sent with the final letter with the phone numbers of your hotels.
TAXES AND GRATUITIES:
All taxes and gratuities for included meals and activities are included, unless otherwise mentioned by the Escort. Driver and Escort gratuities are not included in the price of the tour, and are optional. However, the suggested gratuity as posted by the American Bus Assoc. for a job well done is $2.00-$2.50 per person/per day for the tour escort, and $2.00-$2.50 per person/per day for the driver. We request that you express this on an individual basis, and let the quality of service received be your guide.
On all overnight tours, we use a daily seat rotation. The first day of a trip, we allow you to choose your seat when you get on, and rotate from there. We feel this is fair to all involved. If the coach is not full, a less formal rotation may be used at escort’s discretion.
We make regular stops for restrooms and for the convenience of smokers; however, we have a NO SMOKING policy aboard all coaches. This policy also applies to e-cigarettes.
Gad-About Tours, Inc. is bonded, insured, and registered with the ICC, number MC 198451. We act only as agents and are not responsible to any person for any loss of time or money due to a change or delay beyond our control. Nor are we responsible for non-performance by those we have contracted with. Any claims against Gad-About Tours Inc. must be made, in writing, within 30 days of the trip.