MY OLD KENTUCKY DINNER TRAIN
Offered By: Gad-About Tours
Come with us and enjoy a real "JEWEL OF THE SOUTH"!
Operates: No scheduled departures
Tour Length: 3 Days, 2 Nights
Departs From: Columbiana, OH * Salem, OH * Alliance, OH * Canton, OH * Akron, OH
Single Room - $696.00
Double Room - $596.00
Triple Room - $556.00
Quad Room - $556.00
Come with us and enjoy a real 'Jewel of the South'! We feature a luncheon ride on a wonderful dinner train through the rolling scenic countryside, the Stephen Foster Musical and and evening at the Derby Dinner Theater ~~ Lots of goodies packed into this one!!
One of our customer's favorite trips, we see and do all kinds of excellent things on this lovely three-day tour. Historic Bardstown is the second oldest town in Kentucky, and strong in spirit...A Southern spirit that welcomes you to one of The Best Small Town, in America. A religious spirit that's appropriate for the home of the first diocese of the West. And a little spirit they call "bourbon". Their eclectic shops, cultural and historical heritage blend beautifully with that spirit. We have such a fun time!! Call some friends and join us this year.
Some of those special things we'll be enjoying during our time here include:
* Wonderful evening at Derby Dinner Playhouse with a lovely meal and we will see their production of "Social Security". This hilarious Broadway hit comedy tells the chaotic story of a New York couple whose domestic tranquility is shattered when the wife’s goody-goody sister, her uptight CPA husband, and her crazy mother all converge on their apartment.
* Scenic ride and delicious food on My Old Kentucky Dinner Train as we glide the rails. Relive the elegance of railcar dining as you travel through beautiful Bourbon Country. Experience a gourmet meal, impeccable service and true Southern Hospitality!
* Tour of “My Old Kentucky Home”, inspiration for Kentucky's state song.
* 2015 Season’s Opening Performance of “The Stephen Foster Drama & Musical” – a wonderful production ‘under the stars’!! Experience the colorful period costumes, energetic choreography, and over 50 of Foster's most beloved & timeless classics, including KY's official state song, My Old Kentucky Home - a beautiful evening, to be sure!
* Tram Tour of Kentucky's fascinating Mega Cavern – no walking! One of only two places in the USA where you can tour a cavern on a tram - no walking! A Mega Cavern expert will guide us on an underground adventure located beneath the city of Louisville. Rich in history, geology, mining, recycling, green building technology, and just simply HUGE in scale, this will be a fascinating experience you'll remember forever! It's receiving rave rewies from groups all over the country.
* Horse-drawn Carriage Tour of Historic Bardstown
* Luncheon Cruise on the “Belle of Louisville”
* Truly Delightful Throughout!! ~ Call for a full flyer!
"The sun shines bright in my old Kentucky home, "Tis summer - the workers are gay, the corn top's ripe and the meadows in the bloom, while the birds make music all the day."
- Deluxe Motorcoach Travel
- 2 Nights Accommodations
- 5 Meals:
- 2 Breakfasts
- 1 Lunch
- 2 Dinners
- Touring Mentioned Above
- Luggage Handling and Taxes
This is a Gold Card Program Tour, which can earn you $100 in Free
Terms and Conditions:
For overnight tours, the deposit is based on the cost of the tour as follows:
- Overnight Tours Under $150 > $25 Deposit
- Overnight Tours $150-$800 > $75 Deposit
- Overnight Tours $801-$1,500 > $100 Deposit
- Overnight Tours over $1,501 > $250 Deposit
Up to 30 days prior to departure date, a full refund will be made. *Air and cruise tours, and some longer tours, may be different—be sure to ask for details when making your reservation. Tours including tickets also generally have earlier non-refundable dates. There are no refunds for cancellations made within 30 days prior to your departure date. However, we will do our best to recover as much as we can, but cannot guarantee anything. There will be no refund, for any reason, for a “no-show” on the day of the tour. A “Refund Protection Plan” is available at our office at a minimal cost. This insures you a full refund in case of a death or illness in the immediate family up to 24 hours before the tour departs. (It does require a doctor’s written note or copy of death notice.) On longer tours, we have a special insurance plan available if you are interested, and it will be sent to you with your confirmation. We encourage you to take advantage of these protection plans. The Refund Protection Plan does not apply to Day Trips, nor are there any refunds for Day Trips, with a few exceptions.
Gad-About Tours Inc. reserves the right to cancel any tour that has not reached a minimum number of reservations. We reserve the right to change tour prices and itinerary. Tours are prepared up to a year in advance and may be impacted by circumstances that arise which are beyond our control. We reserve the right to cancel or refuse service to anyone, in our sole discretion. We always avoid changes and cancellations if at all possible, as we realize the inconvenience to you, our valued customer.
All of our tours are by late-model, deluxe wide-body motorcoach. They are equipped with air-conditioning, reclining seats, public address system, VCR, and emergency restrooms. Our intent is for all overnight tours to be professionally escorted for your convenience. Upon occasion, in order to avoid canceling a trip with a low passenger count, our driver may serve both positions of driver and escort, and all are professionally trained to do so. Also, on air trips with low passenger counts, we may not be able to provide an escort from our company. However, we will provide airport transportation*, plus a guide from our connecting company will meet you upon arrival at your destination and be with you throughout the entire tour. (*If only a few are going on a given air tour, we will pay your airport parking fee in lieu of using the coach.)
Your lodging is included on all overnight tours. All hotels are AAA rated. We never use second-rate hotels, restaurants, or activities on any tour, to the best of our ability to make that determination. Payment of telephone calls, room service, and other incidentals at places of lodging are the responsibility of the customer.
One suitcase per person is included in the price of your tour. You are also permitted a carry-on, which is your responsibility. Additional luggage may be transported at the cost of $5.00 per bag, per day. It is wise to travel light. Luggage tags are provided and required for hotel identification, and are sent with the final letter with the phone numbers of your hotels.
TAXES AND GRATUITIES:
All taxes and gratuities for included meals and activities are included, unless otherwise mentioned by the Escort. Driver and Escort gratuities are not included in the price of the tour, and are optional. However, the suggested gratuity as posted by the American Bus Assoc. for a job well done is $2.00-$2.50 per person/per day for the tour escort, and $2.00-$2.50 per person/per day for the driver. We request that you express this on an individual basis, and let the quality of service received be your guide.
On all overnight tours, we use a daily seat rotation. The first day of a trip, we allow you to choose your seat when you get on, and rotate from there. We feel this is fair to all involved. If the coach is not full, a less formal rotation may be used at escort’s discretion.
We make regular stops for restrooms and for the convenience of smokers; however, we have a NO SMOKING policy aboard all coaches. This policy also applies to e-cigarettes.
Gad-About Tours, Inc. is bonded, insured, and registered with the ICC, number MC 198451. We act only as agents and are not responsible to any person for any loss of time or money due to a change or delay beyond our control. Nor are we responsible for non-performance by those we have contracted with. Any claims against Gad-About Tours Inc. must be made, in writing, within 30 days of the trip.