4 TRAIN RIDES & SCENERY GALORE
Offered By: Gad-About Tours
New for us this year, we are proud to offer this Spectacular Train Tour!
Operates: No scheduled departures
Tour Length: 8 Day, 7 Nights
Departs From: Akron, OH – Canton, OH - Alliance, OH – Salem, OH – Columbiana, OH
Single Room - $1,758.00
Double Room - $1,428.00
Triple Room - $1,398.00
Quad Room - $1,398.00
The popularity of train rides has soared in recent years! Why? Well, anyone who has "ridden the rails" will tell you they offer amazing scenery, are wonderfully relaxing, connect us to a time in history, and are considered so much more than just transportation between destinations. The romance of the train is alive and well, and the trains of New England are some of the best! New for us last year, we are proud to off this spectacular Spring tour again for 2013 - they LOVED it.
* Overnight in Danbury, CT coming and going
* Ogunquit, Maine - "Beautiful Place by the Sea"
* Photo Stop at a Popular Maine Lighthouse
* Perkins Cove - Coastal Walk along the Sea
* Meadowmere Resort - You Will Love it Here!
* Kennebunkport & view George Bush Estate 'n More
* Portland's Scenic Waterfront District
* Portland Harbor overlooking beautiful Casco Bay
* MAINE NARROW GAUGE RAILROAD Along Portland Harbor Overlooking Beautiful Casco Bay
* Classic Downeast Lobster Bake (or chicken for the land-lubbers)
* Sing-A-Long Entertainment at Foster's for a fun evening
* Stonewall Kitchens - Maine-made specialties - YUM!!
* Kancamangus Highway - one of the most scenic highway in the USA
* Albany Covered Bridge and Rocky Gorge
* Sugar Hill Overlook - 'have plenty of film in your camera!
* Travel thru the Majestic "White Mountains' of New Hampshire
* CAFE LAYFAYETTE DINNER TRAIN - 5 courses on a beautifully-restored Pullman car = excellent!
* Clark's Trading Post
* A lovely cruise on Lake Winnipesaukee to Wolfeboro, the Oldest Summer Resort in America
* COG SCENIC RAILWAY - to the Sumitt of Mt. Washington - spectacular views!!
* Wright Museum & WWII exhibits
* WINNIPESAUKEE SCENIC RAILROAD - 2 hour trip along the lake with delicious roast turkey dinner!
* Famous Vermont Country Store
* Bennington, Vermont
*** This is an EXCELLENT itinerary - don't miss it!!
- Deluxe Motorcoach Transportation
- 7 Nights Accommodations
- 4 Train Rides
- 13 Meals:
- 7 Breakfasts
- 6 Dinners
- Touring Mentioned Above
- Luggage Handling and Taxes
This is a Gold Card Program Tour, which can earn you $100 in Free Travel.
Terms and Conditions:
For overnight tours, the deposit is based on the cost of the tour as follows:
- Overnight Tours Under $150 > $25 Deposit
- Overnight Tours $150-$800 > $75 Deposit
- Overnight Tours $801-$1,500 > $100 Deposit
- Overnight Tours over $1,501 > $250 Deposit
Up to 30 days prior to departure date, a full refund will be made. *Air and cruise tours, and some longer tours, may be different—be sure to ask for details when making your reservation. Tours including tickets also generally have earlier non-refundable dates. There are no refunds for cancellations made within 30 days prior to your departure date. However, we will do our best to recover as much as we can, but cannot guarantee anything. There will be no refund, for any reason, for a “no-show” on the day of the tour. A “Refund Protection Plan” is available at our office at a minimal cost. This insures you a full refund in case of a death or illness in the immediate family up to 24 hours before the tour departs. (It does require a doctor’s written note or copy of death notice.) On longer tours, we have a special insurance plan available if you are interested, and it will be sent to you with your confirmation. We encourage you to take advantage of these protection plans. The Refund Protection Plan does not apply to Day Trips, nor are there any refunds for Day Trips, with a few exceptions.
Gad-About Tours Inc. reserves the right to cancel any tour that has not reached a minimum number of reservations. We reserve the right to change tour prices and itinerary. Tours are prepared up to a year in advance and may be impacted by circumstances that arise which are beyond our control. We reserve the right to cancel or refuse service to anyone, in our sole discretion. We always avoid changes and cancellations if at all possible, as we realize the inconvenience to you, our valued customer.
All of our tours are by late-model, deluxe wide-body motorcoach. They are equipped with air-conditioning, reclining seats, public address system, VCR, and emergency restrooms. Our intent is for all overnight tours to be professionally escorted for your convenience. Upon occasion, in order to avoid canceling a trip with a low passenger count, our driver may serve both positions of driver and escort, and all are professionally trained to do so. Also, on air trips with low passenger counts, we may not be able to provide an escort from our company. However, we will provide airport transportation*, plus a guide from our connecting company will meet you upon arrival at your destination and be with you throughout the entire tour. (*If only a few are going on a given air tour, we will pay your airport parking fee in lieu of using the coach.)
Your lodging is included on all overnight tours. All hotels are AAA rated. We never use second-rate hotels, restaurants, or activities on any tour, to the best of our ability to make that determination. Payment of telephone calls, room service, and other incidentals at places of lodging are the responsibility of the customer.
One suitcase per person is included in the price of your tour. You are also permitted a carry-on, which is your responsibility. Additional luggage may be transported at the cost of $5.00 per bag, per day. It is wise to travel light. Luggage tags are provided and required for hotel identification, and are sent with the final letter with the phone numbers of your hotels.
TAXES AND GRATUITIES:
All taxes and gratuities for included meals and activities are included, unless otherwise mentioned by the Escort. Driver and Escort gratuities are not included in the price of the tour, and are optional. However, the suggested gratuity as posted by the American Bus Assoc. for a job well done is $2.00-$2.50 per person/per day for the tour escort, and $2.00-$2.50 per person/per day for the driver. We request that you express this on an individual basis, and let the quality of service received be your guide.
On all overnight tours, we use a daily seat rotation. The first day of a trip, we allow you to choose your seat when you get on, and rotate from there. We feel this is fair to all involved. If the coach is not full, a less formal rotation may be used at escort’s discretion.
We make regular stops for restrooms and for the convenience of smokers; however, we have a NO SMOKING policy aboard all coaches. This policy also applies to e-cigarettes.
Gad-About Tours, Inc. is bonded, insured, and registered with the ICC, number MC 198451. We act only as agents and are not responsible to any person for any loss of time or money due to a change or delay beyond our control. Nor are we responsible for non-performance by those we have contracted with. Any claims against Gad-About Tours Inc. must be made, in writing, within 30 days of the trip.