SAWMILL CREEK & LAKE ERIE
Offered By: Coach USA
We're going to enjoy all the fun of summer just before the crowds arrive in Lake Erie.
Operates: No scheduled departures
Tour Length: 2 Days, 1 Night
Departs From: Akron, OH – Canton, OH - Alliance, OH – Salem, OH – Columbiana, OH
Single Room - $438.00
Double Room - $375.00
Triple Room - $375.00
Quad Room - $375.00
Enjoy a relaxing visit to Ohio's North Coast ... a fresh-water Cape Cod, if you will! Sometimes destinations close to home are overlooked, but people from all around the country come to visit this picturesque summer resort area - it's time you saw it too! We're going to enjoy all the fun of summer just before the crowds arrive! Read on and see what all you will get to see and do on this lovely tour.
- A visit to the Berlin Fruit Box Company making baskets since 1858
- Lunch and wine-tasting (for those interested) at the Paper Moon Winery on 50 acres near the historic harbor town of Vermilion
- Enjoy a driving tour of Vermilion, founded by New England settlers
- "Ahoy, Mateys" as you cast off on a Mystic Belle Scenic River Cruise - enjoy nature, boatyards and riverfront homes
- Overnight at Sawmill Creek Resort, with its decor themed to reflect the North American Indians and set on 235 acres along Lake Erie. Stroll down to the marina or enjoy adjacent Marsh Nature Preserve.
- Dinner begins with cocktails and grape juice on the patio, then adjourns indoors for a delicious meal. Entertainment follows by Logan Wells, once one of Nashville's "Rising Stars" - a lovely evening, to be sure
- Next day, take a tour of the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center and 33-room Mansion know as Spiegel Grove
- Time to board the Jet Express over to Put-In-Bay, a leisurely 25 minute cruise to South Bass Island
- On the Island, enjoy a unique narrated tram ride through some of the residential area and State Park - areas normally not visited.
- You'll also pass many of the island's main attractions, the Perry Peace Memorial, (War of 1812), second only in height to the Washington Monument, Heinemann's Winery, Crystal Cave, the Carousel, Stonehenge Estate, Butterfly House, Antique Car Museum and Perry's Cave.
- Enjoy some time to explore the island on your own before ferrying back to the where our deluxe motorcoach awaits to return us to our homes.
SPECIAL NOTE: Because of the popularity of this tourist area, there is an early deadline. Please call by April 1st at the latest if you are interested in going on this trip - Thank You!
This is a Gold Card Program Tour, which can earn you $100 in Free Travel.
Terms and Conditions:
For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover if you are making your reservation by phone, or you can send a check to our office (please call first to check availability). If you are booking online, payment must be made in full.
Up to 45 days prior to departure date, a full refund will be made. *Air and cruise tours, and some longer tours, may be different—be sure to ask for details when making your reservation. Tours including tickets also generally have earlier non-refundable dates. There are no refunds for cancellations made within 45 days prior to your departure date. However, we will do our best to recover as much as we can, but cannot guarantee anything. There will be no refund, for any reason, for a “no-show” on the day of the tour. A “Refund Protection Plan” is available at our office at a minimal cost. This insures you a full refund in case of a death or illness in the immediate family up to 24 hours before the tour departs. (It does require a doctor’s written note or copy of death notice.) On longer tours, we have a special insurance plan available if you are interested, and it will be sent to you with your confirmation. We encourage you to take advantage of these protection plans. The Refund Protection Plan does not apply to Day Trips, nor are there any refunds for Day Trips, with a few exceptions.
Gad-About Tours Inc. reserves the right to cancel any tour that has not reached a minimum number of reservations. We reserve the right to change tour prices and itinerary. Tours are prepared up to a year in advance and may be impacted by circumstances that arise which are beyond our control. We reserve the right to cancel or refuse service to anyone, in our sole discretion. We always avoid changes and cancellations if at all possible, as we realize the inconvenience to you, our valued customer.
All of our tours are by late-model, deluxe wide-body motorcoach. They are equipped with air-conditioning, reclining seats, public address system, VCR, and emergency restrooms. Our intent is for all overnight tours to be professionally escorted for your convenience. Upon occasion, in order to avoid canceling a trip with a low passenger count, our driver may serve both positions of driver and escort, and all are professionally trained to do so. Also, on air trips with low passenger counts, we may not be able to provide an escort from our company. However, we will provide airport transportation*, plus a guide from our connecting company will meet you upon arrival at your destination and be with you throughout the entire tour. (*If only a few are going on a given air tour, we will pay your airport parking fee in lieu of using the coach.)
Your lodging is included on all overnight tours. All hotels are AAA rated. We never use second-rate hotels, restaurants, or activities on any tour, to the best of our ability to make that determination. Payment of telephone calls, room service, and other incidentals at places of lodging are the responsibility of the customer.
One suitcase per person is included in the price of your tour. You are also permitted a carry-on, which is your responsibility. Additional luggage may be transported at the cost of $5.00 per bag, per day. It is wise to travel light. Luggage tags are provided and required for hotel identification, and are sent with the final letter with the phone numbers of your hotels.
TAXES AND GRATUITIES:
All taxes and gratuities for included meals and activities are included, unless otherwise mentioned by the Escort. Driver and Escort gratuities are not included in the price of the tour, and are optional. However, the suggested gratuity as posted by the American Bus Assoc. for a job well done is $2.00-$2.50 per person/per day for the tour escort, and $2.00-$2.50 per person/per day for the driver. We request that you express this on an individual basis, and let the quality of service received be your guide.
On all overnight tours, we use a daily seat rotation. The first day of a trip, we allow you to choose your seat when you get on, and rotate from there. We feel this is fair to all involved. If the coach is not full, a less formal rotation may be used at escort’s discretion.
We make regular stops for restrooms and for the convenience of smokers; however, we have a NO SMOKING policy aboard all coaches. This policy also applies to e-cigarettes.
Gad-About Tours, Inc. is bonded, insured, and registered with the ICC, number MC 198451. We act only as agents and are not responsible to any person for any loss of time or money due to a change or delay beyond our control. Nor are we responsible for non-performance by those we have contracted with. Any claims against Gad-About Tours Inc. must be made, in writing, within 30 days of the trip.
Charges will appear as "CoachUSA/Megabus" on your credit card statement. We are a United States merchant and all card payments are processed at our corporate office located at 160 S. Route 17 North, Paramus, NJ.