SUMMER ON THE CAPE
Offered By: Gad-About Tours
Cape Cod in June will be a fabulous choice for your Summer vacation plans.
Operates: Jun 7 2014
Tour Length: 6 Days, 5 Nights
Departs From: Akron, OH – Canton, OH - Alliance, OH – Salem, OH – Columbiana, OH
Single Room - $1,148.00
Double Room - $898.00
Triple Room - $858.00
Quad Room - $858.00
Cape Cod is a resort destination attracting wealthy families, celebrities and other visitors year round. It is also one of the biggest barrier islands in the world, shielding much of the Massachusetts coastline from North Atlantic storm waves. Cape Cod has many different facets. Each town on the Cape has something unique to offer in the way of natural beauty, history, art and entertainment. About 70 miles in length, it is often subdivided in four to six regions. We sure won't be able to cover every inch, but you will be amazed at how much we have included in this excellent itinerary - and we're doing all the best!
- Deluxe Motorcoach Transportation
- Plymouth Historic Tour - you local guide will share the story of the faith-based journey our forefathers took aboard the Mayflower as you view the Mayflower II afloat in Plymouth Harbor.
- See Plymouth Rock, The Pilgrims' landing site and more.
- Visit Cape Cod's oldest village, Sandwich, known for its early glass production
- Hyannis Highlight Tour to include the Kennedy Memorial, Waterfront District, St. Xavier's Church, the neighborhood of the Kennedy Compound and the colorful history of this sea-side village.
- Martha's Vineyard Cruise and Tour - on this "Storybook Island", we will see the famous Gingerbread Houses, Island Tabernacle and Antique Carousel of Oak Bluffs
- Edgartown filled with its many shops and extraordinary views of the Atlantic
- Travel Olde King's Highway, dotted with historic Cape Cod architecture and New England inns and light houses.
- Provincetown and an exciting 3 - 4 hour Whale-Watching Cruise from the Center for Coastal Studies, the most interesting and detailed whale show.
- Cranberry Country" where the country's largest supply of cranberries are grown. Take a bog tour and enjoy a cranberry treat!
- New Bedford Historic District, known as the "Whaling City".
- U.S. Coast Guard Museum along the rambling banks of the scenic Connecticut River, featuring incredible artifacts spanning the 200-year history of America's premier maritime service
All in all a fabulous choice for your Summer vacation plans!
- Deluxe Motorcoach Transportation
- 5 Nights Accommodations
- 9 Meals:
- 5 Breakfasts
- 4 Dinners
- Touring Mentioned Above
- Luggage Handling and Taxes
This is a Gold Card Program Tour, which can earn you $100 in Free Travel.
Terms and Conditions:
For overnight tours, the deposit is based on the cost of the tour as follows:
- Overnight Tours Under $150 > $25 Deposit
- Overnight Tours $150-$800 > $75 Deposit
- Overnight Tours $801-$1,500 > $100 Deposit
- Overnight Tours over $1,501 > $250 Deposit
Up to 30 days prior to departure date, a full refund will be made. *Air and cruise tours, and some longer tours, may be different—be sure to ask for details when making your reservation. Tours including tickets also generally have earlier non-refundable dates. There are no refunds for cancellations made within 30 days prior to your departure date. However, we will do our best to recover as much as we can, but cannot guarantee anything. There will be no refund, for any reason, for a “no-show” on the day of the tour. A “Refund Protection Plan” is available at our office at a minimal cost. This insures you a full refund in case of a death or illness in the immediate family up to 24 hours before the tour departs. (It does require a doctor’s written note or copy of death notice.) On longer tours, we have a special insurance plan available if you are interested, and it will be sent to you with your confirmation. We encourage you to take advantage of these protection plans. The Refund Protection Plan does not apply to Day Trips, nor are there any refunds for Day Trips, with a few exceptions.
Gad-About Tours Inc. reserves the right to cancel any tour that has not reached a minimum number of reservations. We reserve the right to change tour prices and itinerary. Tours are prepared up to a year in advance and may be impacted by circumstances that arise which are beyond our control. We reserve the right to cancel or refuse service to anyone, in our sole discretion. We always avoid changes and cancellations if at all possible, as we realize the inconvenience to you, our valued customer.
All of our tours are by late-model, deluxe wide-body motorcoach. They are equipped with air-conditioning, reclining seats, public address system, VCR, and emergency restrooms. Our intent is for all overnight tours to be professionally escorted for your convenience. Upon occasion, in order to avoid canceling a trip with a low passenger count, our driver may serve both positions of driver and escort, and all are professionally trained to do so. Also, on air trips with low passenger counts, we may not be able to provide an escort from our company. However, we will provide airport transportation*, plus a guide from our connecting company will meet you upon arrival at your destination and be with you throughout the entire tour. (*If only a few are going on a given air tour, we will pay your airport parking fee in lieu of using the coach.)
Your lodging is included on all overnight tours. All hotels are AAA rated. We never use second-rate hotels, restaurants, or activities on any tour, to the best of our ability to make that determination. Payment of telephone calls, room service, and other incidentals at places of lodging are the responsibility of the customer.
One suitcase per person is included in the price of your tour. You are also permitted a carry-on, which is your responsibility. Additional luggage may be transported at the cost of $5.00 per bag, per day. It is wise to travel light. Luggage tags are provided and required for hotel identification, and are sent with the final letter with the phone numbers of your hotels.
TAXES AND GRATUITIES:
All taxes and gratuities for included meals and activities are included, unless otherwise mentioned by the Escort. Driver and Escort gratuities are not included in the price of the tour, and are optional. However, the suggested gratuity as posted by the American Bus Assoc. for a job well done is $2.00-$2.50 per person/per day for the tour escort, and $2.00-$2.50 per person/per day for the driver. We request that you express this on an individual basis, and let the quality of service received be your guide.
On all overnight tours, we use a daily seat rotation. The first day of a trip, we allow you to choose your seat when you get on, and rotate from there. We feel this is fair to all involved. If the coach is not full, a less formal rotation may be used at escort’s discretion.
We make regular stops for restrooms and for the convenience of smokers; however, we have a NO SMOKING policy aboard all coaches.
Gad-About Tours, Inc. is bonded, insured, and registered with the ICC, number MC 198451. We act only as agents and are not responsible to any person for any loss of time or money due to a change or delay beyond our control. Nor are we responsible for non-performance by those we have contracted with. Any claims against Gad-About Tours Inc. must be made, in writing, within 30 days of the trip.