Offered By: Coach USA
Ride the Rails from Coast to Countryside on this beautiful trip. New England at its finest!
Operates: Sep 6 2016
Tour Length: 6 Days, 5 Nights
Departs From: Akron, OH – Canton, OH - Alliance, OH – Salem, OH – Columbiana, OH
Single Room - $1,358.00
Double Room - $1,058.00
Triple Room - $998.00
Quad Room - $998.00
New England at its finest! You will love this Maine Train vacation which has so much to see from our motorcoach as well as the rails, including some of the most gorgeous scenery anywhere. You'll enjoy natural wonders with perfect mountain views against the Atlantic, time at sea side villages, and three wonderful train excursions - each offering a completely different experience to embrace. Look at this!!
- The Downeastern Excursion - Amtrak's scenic, coastal train from Massachusetts to Maine
- Kennebunkport Tour - includes views of the Bush Estate, Wedding Cake House and Monastery 'n more!
- Visit Boothbay Railway Village, representing a turn-of-the-century Maine railroad village
- Ride the narrow-gauge coal-fired steam engine, along with a guided "behind the scenes" tour in the train shop - Neat!
- Free time fro lunch in beautiful Boothbay Harbor
- Our guided tour of the seaside villages of Rockport and beautiful Camden includes panoramic views of Penobscot Bay and surrounding islands. Learn the rich maritime history of this seaside village
- Two nights at the Fireside Inn Oceanside - great!
- Bar Harbor and Acadia national Park - visit 'Peak of Cadillac Mountain' for breathtaking views - see the Thunder Hole on Ocean Drive and the Wild Gardens of Acadia, plus summer cottages of the rich and famous
- Venture to Otter Point with it's rocky cliffs jutting into the crashing surf
- Explore the waterfront downtown of beautiful Bar Harbor
- Belfast and Moosehead Lake Railroad - "All Aboard" as we embark on a wonderful excursion through the Maine countryside - cross trestles with views of Lake Winnecook, streams and forest
- Maine Lobster Dinner - YUM!
- Nubble Light - Maine's most photographed Lighthouse
- York Beach - free time in this quaint Main coastal village
- Participate in a hands-on open hearth cooking demo in true conolonial style
So much is included - it's an excellent itinerary!! Call soon - this one sometimes sells out! Don't miss it for 2016!
- Deluxe Motorcoach Transportation
- 5 Nights Accommodations
- Touring Mentioned Above
- Luggage Handling and Taxes
This is a Gold Card Program Tour, which can earn you $100 in Free Travel.
Terms and Conditions:
For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover if you are making your reservation by phone, or you can send a check to our office (please call first to check availability). If you are booking online, payment must be made in full.
Up to 45 days prior to departure date, a full refund will be made. *Air and cruise tours, and some longer tours, may be different—be sure to ask for details when making your reservation. Tours including tickets also generally have earlier non-refundable dates. There are no refunds for cancellations made within 45 days prior to your departure date. However, we will do our best to recover as much as we can, but cannot guarantee anything. There will be no refund, for any reason, for a “no-show” on the day of the tour. A “Refund Protection Plan” is available at our office at a minimal cost. This insures you a full refund in case of a death or illness in the immediate family up to 24 hours before the tour departs. (It does require a doctor’s written note or copy of death notice.) On longer tours, we have a special insurance plan available if you are interested, and it will be sent to you with your confirmation. We encourage you to take advantage of these protection plans. The Refund Protection Plan does not apply to Day Trips, nor are there any refunds for Day Trips, with a few exceptions.
Gad-About Tours Inc. reserves the right to cancel any tour that has not reached a minimum number of reservations. We reserve the right to change tour prices and itinerary. Tours are prepared up to a year in advance and may be impacted by circumstances that arise which are beyond our control. We reserve the right to cancel or refuse service to anyone, in our sole discretion. We always avoid changes and cancellations if at all possible, as we realize the inconvenience to you, our valued customer.
All of our tours are by late-model, deluxe wide-body motorcoach. They are equipped with air-conditioning, reclining seats, public address system, VCR, and emergency restrooms. Our intent is for all overnight tours to be professionally escorted for your convenience. Upon occasion, in order to avoid canceling a trip with a low passenger count, our driver may serve both positions of driver and escort, and all are professionally trained to do so. Also, on air trips with low passenger counts, we may not be able to provide an escort from our company. However, we will provide airport transportation*, plus a guide from our connecting company will meet you upon arrival at your destination and be with you throughout the entire tour. (*If only a few are going on a given air tour, we will pay your airport parking fee in lieu of using the coach.)
Your lodging is included on all overnight tours. All hotels are AAA rated. We never use second-rate hotels, restaurants, or activities on any tour, to the best of our ability to make that determination. Payment of telephone calls, room service, and other incidentals at places of lodging are the responsibility of the customer.
One suitcase per person is included in the price of your tour. You are also permitted a carry-on, which is your responsibility. Additional luggage may be transported at the cost of $5.00 per bag, per day. It is wise to travel light. Luggage tags are provided and required for hotel identification, and are sent with the final letter with the phone numbers of your hotels.
TAXES AND GRATUITIES:
All taxes and gratuities for included meals and activities are included, unless otherwise mentioned by the Escort. Driver and Escort gratuities are not included in the price of the tour, and are optional. However, the suggested gratuity as posted by the American Bus Assoc. for a job well done is $2.00-$2.50 per person/per day for the tour escort, and $2.00-$2.50 per person/per day for the driver. We request that you express this on an individual basis, and let the quality of service received be your guide.
On all overnight tours, we use a daily seat rotation. The first day of a trip, we allow you to choose your seat when you get on, and rotate from there. We feel this is fair to all involved. If the coach is not full, a less formal rotation may be used at escort’s discretion.
We make regular stops for restrooms and for the convenience of smokers; however, we have a NO SMOKING policy aboard all coaches. This policy also applies to e-cigarettes.
Gad-About Tours, Inc. is bonded, insured, and registered with the ICC, number MC 198451. We act only as agents and are not responsible to any person for any loss of time or money due to a change or delay beyond our control. Nor are we responsible for non-performance by those we have contracted with. Any claims against Gad-About Tours Inc. must be made, in writing, within 30 days of the trip.
Charges will appear as "CoachUSA/Megabus" on your credit card statement. We are a United States merchant and all card payments are processed at our corporate office located at 160 S. Route 17 North, Paramus, NJ.