BRAND NEW TOUR
Offered By: Gad-About Tours
This trips includes 5 of the Largest Cities in the Northeaster part of our great country.
Operates: No scheduled departures
Tour Length: 7 Days, 6 Nights
Departs From: Akron, OH – Canton, OH - Alliance, OH – Salem, OH – Columbiana, OH
Single Room - $1,748.00
Double Room - $1,348.00
Triple Room - $1,268.00
Quad Room -
In order of population, the 5 Largest Cities in the Northeastern part of our great country are New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Boston and Pittsburgh! Per our customers requests, we have planned a tour that visits all five in one grand pleasure trip and we're throwing in a stop in Washington DC as a bonus! Call for a flyer with all the details, but listed below are some of the highlights:
- Our first day is mostly travel with an overnight in Waterbury, Connecticut
- Touring begins in Boston with a Grand History Tour to include Quincy Market, Boston Common, Public Gardens, USS Constitution, Beacon Hill, Old North Church and more. Later, we'll take an evening amphibious "Duck Tour" to see the beautiful skyline - FUN!
- Overnight in Massachusetts
- New York City for a professionally-guided tour of the "Big Apple" - things we plan to include are the Broadway Theater District, China Town, Battery Park, the 9-11 Memorial, a view of the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Macy's Wall Street, and as much more as time allows. Also a New York City Skyline Cruise - Wonderful and a little free time to browse on your own (we'll supply maps)
- Overnight just across the Bridge in New Jersey
- Philadelphia is where the roots of American independence began and features Independence Mall and historical landmarks like the Liberty Bell, Constitution Hall, and Independence Hall. Our local guide will show us all the best (pending availability), and we include a lovely dinner at the historic City Tavern and a guided Candlelight Stroll - really neat!
- Overnight in Philadelphia
- Baltimore, here we come! Not only will we be take on a delightful guided tour which includes the beautifully-restored Inner Harbor, but later we'll spend the evening at Toby's Dinner Theater for a delicious meal and see a top-notch performance (TBA) - they do a great job here!
- Even though Washington, DC is technically not a city, it is our nation's capital and the 7th largest metropolitan area in the country, so it seem right to include it - plus it's also near the other places we are going! We'll do a complete memorial and monuments tour, allow you time to peruse one of the famous Smithsonian Museums, get a picture of the White House and Capitol Building and include a wonderful dinner on the Washington Channel at Phillip's Flagship
- Overnight outside DC in Tyson's Corner
- Did you have any idea Pittsburgh would be one of the largest populated cities in the northeast? Neither did we, so we can't leave it out! We'll get lunch at Station Square and then board the delightful Gateway Clipper for a sight-seeing cruise on the Three Rivers to cap off this excellent, exclusive tour!
- Deluxe Motorcoach Transportation
- 6 Nights Accommodations
- 9 Meals:
- 5 Breakfasts
- 4 Dinners
- Touring and Attractions Mentioned Above
- Luggage Handling and Taxes
This is a Gold Card Program Tour, which can earn you $100 in Free Travel.
Terms and Conditions:
For overnight tours, the deposit is based on the cost of the tour as follows:
- Overnight Tours Under $150 > $25 Deposit
- Overnight Tours $150-$800 > $75 Deposit
- Overnight Tours $801-$1,500 > $100 Deposit
- Overnight Tours over $1,501 > $250 Deposit
Up to 30 days prior to departure date, a full refund will be made. *Air and cruise tours, and some longer tours, may be different—be sure to ask for details when making your reservation. Tours including tickets also generally have earlier non-refundable dates. There are no refunds for cancellations made within 30 days prior to your departure date. However, we will do our best to recover as much as we can, but cannot guarantee anything. There will be no refund, for any reason, for a “no-show” on the day of the tour. A “Refund Protection Plan” is available at our office at a minimal cost. This insures you a full refund in case of a death or illness in the immediate family up to 24 hours before the tour departs. (It does require a doctor’s written note or copy of death notice.) On longer tours, we have a special insurance plan available if you are interested, and it will be sent to you with your confirmation. We encourage you to take advantage of these protection plans. The Refund Protection Plan does not apply to Day Trips, nor are there any refunds for Day Trips, with a few exceptions.
Gad-About Tours Inc. reserves the right to cancel any tour that has not reached a minimum number of reservations. We reserve the right to change tour prices and itinerary. Tours are prepared up to a year in advance and may be impacted by circumstances that arise which are beyond our control. We reserve the right to cancel or refuse service to anyone, in our sole discretion. We always avoid changes and cancellations if at all possible, as we realize the inconvenience to you, our valued customer.
All of our tours are by late-model, deluxe wide-body motorcoach. They are equipped with air-conditioning, reclining seats, public address system, VCR, and emergency restrooms. Our intent is for all overnight tours to be professionally escorted for your convenience. Upon occasion, in order to avoid canceling a trip with a low passenger count, our driver may serve both positions of driver and escort, and all are professionally trained to do so. Also, on air trips with low passenger counts, we may not be able to provide an escort from our company. However, we will provide airport transportation*, plus a guide from our connecting company will meet you upon arrival at your destination and be with you throughout the entire tour. (*If only a few are going on a given air tour, we will pay your airport parking fee in lieu of using the coach.)
Your lodging is included on all overnight tours. All hotels are AAA rated. We never use second-rate hotels, restaurants, or activities on any tour, to the best of our ability to make that determination. Payment of telephone calls, room service, and other incidentals at places of lodging are the responsibility of the customer.
One suitcase per person is included in the price of your tour. You are also permitted a carry-on, which is your responsibility. Additional luggage may be transported at the cost of $5.00 per bag, per day. It is wise to travel light. Luggage tags are provided and required for hotel identification, and are sent with the final letter with the phone numbers of your hotels.
TAXES AND GRATUITIES:
All taxes and gratuities for included meals and activities are included, unless otherwise mentioned by the Escort. Driver and Escort gratuities are not included in the price of the tour, and are optional. However, the suggested gratuity as posted by the American Bus Assoc. for a job well done is $2.00-$2.50 per person/per day for the tour escort, and $2.00-$2.50 per person/per day for the driver. We request that you express this on an individual basis, and let the quality of service received be your guide.
On all overnight tours, we use a daily seat rotation. The first day of a trip, we allow you to choose your seat when you get on, and rotate from there. We feel this is fair to all involved. If the coach is not full, a less formal rotation may be used at escort’s discretion.
We make regular stops for restrooms and for the convenience of smokers; however, we have a NO SMOKING policy aboard all coaches. This policy also applies to e-cigarettes.
Gad-About Tours, Inc. is bonded, insured, and registered with the ICC, number MC 198451. We act only as agents and are not responsible to any person for any loss of time or money due to a change or delay beyond our control. Nor are we responsible for non-performance by those we have contracted with. Any claims against Gad-About Tours Inc. must be made, in writing, within 30 days of the trip.