MAINE MARITIME BLISS
Offered By: Gad-About Tours
Boothbay & Boothbay Harbor ar quintessential New England maritime villages.
Operates: No scheduled departures
Tour Length: 6 Days, 5 Nights
Departs From: Columbiana, OH - Salem, OH - Alliance, OH – Canton, OH – Akron, OH
Single Room - $1,288.00
Double Room - $998.00
Triple Room - $968.00
Quad Room - $968.00
Boothbay and Boothbay Harbor are quintessential New England maritime villages. The beautiful Harbor boasts the largest fleet of excursion boats in Maine, and the rocky, picturesque waterfront is the perfect setting for the resort town which has retained the atmosphere of an old New England village!
• Overnight in Danbury, CT
• Tour the highly-rated main Maritime Museum on the banks of the Kennebec River in Bath. It depicts Maine's shipbuilding industry from the 1600's to the present
• Visit Pemaquaid Lighthouse, one of Maine's most scenic beacons and the light featured onthe Maine state quarter - climb to the top, if you like!
• "Anchors Aweigh" as we sail away on our scenic Harbor Cruise on Linnekin Bay - pass by the windjammers in the harbor, beautiful vacation homes, lighthouses, small island and out to see the seals on the ledges.
• Shop in the charming coastal villages of Camden made famous by a seal named Andre and poet Edna St. Vincent-Millay.
• Stop at Camden Hills State Park for a photo atop Mt. Battie where the mountains meet the sea.
• Don your lobster hat for a traditional Maine lobster dinner (other options for landlubbers) - Fun!!
• Each year the Windjammer Days Festival celebrates the region's rich maritime heritage featuring arts & crafts, music in the whale-shaped park, the afternoon Windjammer Parade under full sail, and many activities along the water, including a footbridge to walk across the harbor to "the quiet side".
• Special Highlight: Pending availability, we plan to experience sailing on an actual 49-passenger windjammer! Observe first-hand the wildlife, islands, lighthouses, lobster boats, and the beautiful coast of Maine while you sail for 2 hours aboard Maine's largest schooner! You're welcome to help with the riggings or sit back and relax - and Awesome opportunity!
• Take a break from the waterfront action with a guided tour of the Coastal Maine Botanicat Gardens where the woods meets the wetlands - enjoy free time to explore the gardens and shoreline paths at your own pace.
• "Ooh & Aah" at the Festival Fireworks over the harbor as the lights reflect on the water - a breath-taking spectacle, to be sure!
• LL Bean Flagship store in Freeport Village
• DeLorme Map Store to view the world's largest revolving globe - amazing!
• Kennebunkport with free time to shop this quaint waterfront village.
- Deluxe Motorcoach Transportation
- 5 Nights Accommodations
- 8 Meals:
- 5 Breakfasts
- 3 Dinners
- Touring Mentioned Above
- Luggage Handling and Taxes
This is a Gold Card Program Tour, which can earn you $100 in Free Travel.
Terms and Conditions:
For overnight tours, the deposit is based on the cost of the tour as follows:
- Overnight Tours Under $150 > $25 Deposit
- Overnight Tours $150-$800 > $75 Deposit
- Overnight Tours $801-$1,500 > $100 Deposit
- Overnight Tours over $1,501 > $250 Deposit
Up to 30 days prior to departure date, a full refund will be made. *Air and cruise tours, and some longer tours, may be different—be sure to ask for details when making your reservation. Tours including tickets also generally have earlier non-refundable dates. There are no refunds for cancellations made within 30 days prior to your departure date. However, we will do our best to recover as much as we can, but cannot guarantee anything. There will be no refund, for any reason, for a “no-show” on the day of the tour. A “Refund Protection Plan” is available at our office at a minimal cost. This insures you a full refund in case of a death or illness in the immediate family up to 24 hours before the tour departs. (It does require a doctor’s written note or copy of death notice.) On longer tours, we have a special insurance plan available if you are interested, and it will be sent to you with your confirmation. We encourage you to take advantage of these protection plans. The Refund Protection Plan does not apply to Day Trips, nor are there any refunds for Day Trips, with a few exceptions.
Gad-About Tours Inc. reserves the right to cancel any tour that has not reached a minimum number of reservations. We reserve the right to change tour prices and itinerary. Tours are prepared up to a year in advance and may be impacted by circumstances that arise which are beyond our control. We reserve the right to cancel or refuse service to anyone, in our sole discretion. We always avoid changes and cancellations if at all possible, as we realize the inconvenience to you, our valued customer.
All of our tours are by late-model, deluxe wide-body motorcoach. They are equipped with air-conditioning, reclining seats, public address system, VCR, and emergency restrooms. Our intent is for all overnight tours to be professionally escorted for your convenience. Upon occasion, in order to avoid canceling a trip with a low passenger count, our driver may serve both positions of driver and escort, and all are professionally trained to do so. Also, on air trips with low passenger counts, we may not be able to provide an escort from our company. However, we will provide airport transportation*, plus a guide from our connecting company will meet you upon arrival at your destination and be with you throughout the entire tour. (*If only a few are going on a given air tour, we will pay your airport parking fee in lieu of using the coach.)
Your lodging is included on all overnight tours. All hotels are AAA rated. We never use second-rate hotels, restaurants, or activities on any tour, to the best of our ability to make that determination. Payment of telephone calls, room service, and other incidentals at places of lodging are the responsibility of the customer.
One suitcase per person is included in the price of your tour. You are also permitted a carry-on, which is your responsibility. Additional luggage may be transported at the cost of $5.00 per bag, per day. It is wise to travel light. Luggage tags are provided and required for hotel identification, and are sent with the final letter with the phone numbers of your hotels.
TAXES AND GRATUITIES:
All taxes and gratuities for included meals and activities are included, unless otherwise mentioned by the Escort. Driver and Escort gratuities are not included in the price of the tour, and are optional. However, the suggested gratuity as posted by the American Bus Assoc. for a job well done is $2.00-$2.50 per person/per day for the tour escort, and $2.00-$2.50 per person/per day for the driver. We request that you express this on an individual basis, and let the quality of service received be your guide.
On all overnight tours, we use a daily seat rotation. The first day of a trip, we allow you to choose your seat when you get on, and rotate from there. We feel this is fair to all involved. If the coach is not full, a less formal rotation may be used at escort’s discretion.
We make regular stops for restrooms and for the convenience of smokers; however, we have a NO SMOKING policy aboard all coaches. This policy also applies to e-cigarettes.
Gad-About Tours, Inc. is bonded, insured, and registered with the ICC, number MC 198451. We act only as agents and are not responsible to any person for any loss of time or money due to a change or delay beyond our control. Nor are we responsible for non-performance by those we have contracted with. Any claims against Gad-About Tours Inc. must be made, in writing, within 30 days of the trip.