IMMERSE YOURSELVES IN HISTORY
Offered By: Coach USA
The second installment of Our Civil War Explorations!
Operates: No scheduled departures
Tour Length: 4 Days, 3 Nights
Departs From: Columbiana, OH - Salem, OH - Alliance, OH – Canton, OH – Akron, OH
Single Room - $868.00
Double Room - $738.00
Triple Room - $708.00
Quad Room - $688.00
As we continue to immerse ourselves in the history of the Civil War and its enduring impact on America, we have an excellent itinerary prepared, with completely different venues than in Journey #1 (July 22-26). Call for a full flyer ~ here are some highlights ...
• Away we go to Richmond, Virginia. The year is 1862, and you have arrived in the Capitol of a new nation where you're greeted by historical characters discussing the events of the day. Take your seats for a Civil War Dinner where the food is plentiful and the music upbeat as period tunes played on banjos and fiddles fill the air.
• A guide will take us to the American Civil War Center located at the Historic Tredegar Iron Works which serves as the visitors center for the Richmond National Battlefiled Park - 3 floors of exhibits are on loan from other Civil War institutions.
• Embark on a narrated historical cruise of the James River and Kanawha Canal alongside richmond's historic Canal Walk.
• Visit the White House of the Confederacy, President Jefferson Davis's wartime residence filled with memories of his family.
• Battlefield Park is located on the site of the largest hospital in the South during the Civil War, and features a slide program and exhibits of the battle sites, cemeteries and more.
• An informative, narrated tour awaits you on your Canal Cruise along Richmond's historic Canal Walk.
• Tour the Virginia State Capitol Building - drive Monument Avenue.
• Virginia's Historical Society for their exhibit including a Conestoga Wagon and button from Pocahonta's hat!more.
• Appomattox Court House National Historical Park where Robert E. Lee surrendered his men to Ulysses S. Grant - much to see here!
• Fredericksburg, where 4 major battles took place: Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, The Wilderness and Spotsylvania - Beging your touring at famed Sunken Road .
• Visit Chatham, a Georgian-styled mansion from 1771, known then as the Lacy House - it served as Union Headquarters and the site of treatment for hundreds of wounded soldiers. The riverfront terraces offer a splendid view of the city and Rappahannock River.
If you love history, you won't want to miss this tour!
- Deluxe Motorcoach Transportation
- 3 Nights Accommodations
- 6 Meals:
- 3 Breakfasts
- 3 Dinners
- Touring Mentioned Above
- Luggage Handling and Taxes
This is a Gold Card Program Tour, which can earn you $100 in Free Travel.
Terms and Conditions:
For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover if you are making your reservation by phone, or you can send a check to our office (please call first to check availability). If you are booking online, payment must be made in full.
Up to 45 days prior to departure date, a full refund will be made. *Air and cruise tours, and some longer tours, may be different—be sure to ask for details when making your reservation. Tours including tickets also generally have earlier non-refundable dates. There are no refunds for cancellations made within 45 days prior to your departure date. However, we will do our best to recover as much as we can, but cannot guarantee anything. There will be no refund, for any reason, for a “no-show” on the day of the tour. A “Refund Protection Plan” is available at our office at a minimal cost. This insures you a full refund in case of a death or illness in the immediate family up to 24 hours before the tour departs. (It does require a doctor’s written note or copy of death notice.) On longer tours, we have a special insurance plan available if you are interested, and it will be sent to you with your confirmation. We encourage you to take advantage of these protection plans. The Refund Protection Plan does not apply to Day Trips, nor are there any refunds for Day Trips, with a few exceptions.
Gad-About Tours Inc. reserves the right to cancel any tour that has not reached a minimum number of reservations. We reserve the right to change tour prices and itinerary. Tours are prepared up to a year in advance and may be impacted by circumstances that arise which are beyond our control. We reserve the right to cancel or refuse service to anyone, in our sole discretion. We always avoid changes and cancellations if at all possible, as we realize the inconvenience to you, our valued customer.
All of our tours are by late-model, deluxe wide-body motorcoach. They are equipped with air-conditioning, reclining seats, public address system, VCR, and emergency restrooms. Our intent is for all overnight tours to be professionally escorted for your convenience. Upon occasion, in order to avoid canceling a trip with a low passenger count, our driver may serve both positions of driver and escort, and all are professionally trained to do so. All Fly Trips include airfare from Cleveland Airport , transfers and air taxes and fess (subject to increase until paid in full). You will drive yourself to the airport. Trip insurance is available, and will be sent to you upon making your reservation for your individual consideration.
Your lodging is included on all overnight tours. All hotels are AAA rated. We never use second-rate hotels, restaurants, or activities on any tour, to the best of our ability to make that determination. Payment of telephone calls, room service, and other incidentals at places of lodging are the responsibility of the customer.
One suitcase per person is included in the price of your tour. You are also permitted a carry-on, which is your responsibility. Additional luggage may be transported at the cost of $5.00 per bag, per day. It is wise to travel light. Luggage tags are provided and required for hotel identification, and are sent with the final letter with the phone numbers of your hotels.
TAXES AND GRATUITIES:
All taxes and gratuities for included meals and activities are included, unless otherwise mentioned by the Escort. Driver and Escort gratuities are not included in the price of the tour, and are optional. However, the suggested gratuity as posted by the American Bus Assoc. for a job well done is $2.00-$2.50 per person/per day for the tour escort, and $2.00-$2.50 per person/per day for the driver. We request that you express this on an individual basis, and let the quality of service received be your guide.
On all overnight tours, we use a daily seat rotation. The first day of a trip, we allow you to choose your seat when you get on, and rotate from there. We feel this is fair to all involved. If the coach is not full, a less formal rotation may be used at escort’s discretion.
We make regular stops for restrooms and for the convenience of smokers; however, we have a NO SMOKING policy aboard all coaches. This policy also applies to e-cigarettes.
Gad-About Tours, Inc. is bonded, insured, and registered with the ICC, number MC 198451. We act only as agents and are not responsible to any person for any loss of time or money due to a change or delay beyond our control. Nor are we responsible for non-performance by those we have contracted with. Any claims against Gad-About Tours Inc. must be made, in writing, within 30 days of the trip.
Any person or group which requires an ADA accessible bus is requested to inform us at the time of reservation, and must notify us in writing no later than 48 hours prior to the charter's departure.
Charges will appear as "CoachUSA/Megabus" on your credit card statement. We are a United States merchant and all card payments are processed at our corporate office located at 160 S. Route 17 North, Paramus, NJ.