- Customer Service category part of Stagecoach Group Champions Awards
- Cash prizes for passengers who enter winning staff member
- Awards also recognize success in safety, environment, health, innovation and community
- Customer nominations can be made by visiting www.stagecoach.com or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - Coach USA and megabus.com are inviting passengers to nominate their favorite member of staff for the 2017 Stagecoach Group Customer Service Champions Award.
This is the eighth year of Stagecoach's Group-wide Champions Awards which recognize staff achievements in a number of categories including safety, environment, health, innovation, community and customer service.
The awards are open to employees across Stagecoach's bus and rail operations in the UK and North America and around 150 staff members have been honored for their outstanding efforts over the past seven years.
Coach USA and megabus.com are calling on the help of their millions of customers to nominate their favorite employee - it could be a driver, customer service assistant, inspector or any other member of the company's motorcoach team.
All employees nominated will be in with a chance of winning a gold, silver or bronze champions award along with a cash prize.
In addition, customers who nominate a winning employee will also receive a cash prize*. The customer who nominates a gold award-winning employee will receive $500, the customer who puts forward a silver award-winning employee will receive $250 and the customer who nominates a bronze award-winning employee will receive $125.
Linda Burtwistle, Chief Operating Officer of Coach USA, said: "We know many of our staff have a great relationship with our customers and the job they do is appreciated by many local people. This is a chance for our customers to help local staff gain recognition at a national level as well as potentially winning a prize themselves.
"We hope people will take the time to nominate their favorite employee."
Customers who wish to nominate an employee should visit www.stagecoach.com or email email@example.com to give details of the staff member and an explanation of why they believe the employee deserves to win an award. The deadline for nominations is midnight on Friday 26 May 2017.
For further information about Stagecoach Group visit www.stagecoach.com
For media inquiries, please contact: Stagecoach Group Communications on 01738 442111 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
*Please note – in cases where more than one customer has nominated a winning employee, the prize will go to the customer who emailed their nomination first. If the nomination is made by a group of people, one cash prize will be awarded to the group, not to each individual within the group. Employees or family members of staff who work for any Stagecoach company are not eligible for these cash prizes.
- Stagecoach Group is an international public transport group, with extensive operations in the UK, the United States and Canada. The Group employs around 40,000 people, and operates around 13,000 buses, coaches, trains and trams.
- Stagecoach is one of the UK's biggest bus and coach operators with around 8,500 buses and coaches on a network stretching from south-west England to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. Low-cost coach service, megabus.com, operates a network of inter-city services across the UK.
- Stagecoach is a major UK rail operator, running the South West Trains, Island Line and East Midlands Trains networks. It has a 49% shareholding in Virgin Rail Group, which operates the West Coast rail franchise. It also has a 90% shareholding in Virgin Trains East Coast, which operates the East Coast rail franchise.
- Stagecoach operates the Supertram light rail network in Sheffield.
- In North America, Stagecoach operates around 2,300 buses and coaches in the United States and Canada. megabus.com links around 130 key locations in North America. Stagecoach is also involved in operating commuter, transit, contracted, charter, airport shuttle and sightseeing services.